Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer


It seems that we wait all year for summer. I adore having Matthew out of school so we can all be together. I long for lazy sunny days and a less hectic schedule. At the same time, I think about and plan all the outings and educational activities that we will do. No joke, I actually bought a book last year entitled something like, "365 Science Experiments" and planned to tear through that book with the kids this summer. Hmmm... summer is zipping by, and truth be known, I have no idea where the book even is.

We are having a wonderful summer, though. We really are enjoying lazy-ish days of just hanging around and playing. In fact, I think we have set a record in that we are still using the dinosaur wading pool that we bought for Matt six years ago. He is a great sport and has spent many afternoons playing in the water with Rachel. I love to sit on the porch with sweet, chubby Bailey on my lap and watch them running in the sprinkler and splashing in our faithful green dino. When I listen to their laughter and hear Rachel's absolutely delighted squeals, I think that maybe it's not such a tragic thing that I can't find "365 Science Experiments." We can make salt crystals and a homemade barometer another day.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Ah Mare! Is it really you?! Its so good to see your adorable chillen's and to follow your goings on. Hope all is well with you and yours and I'm gonna add you to my list of blogs because you coined the name Sar-Bare! Just kidding, its because you're awesome!