Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School



Last week. It happened. The inevitable. Matt went back to school. :) We love school, don't get me wrong. It's just a bitter-sweet time of year. We are sad that summer is over, but excited for the new adventures and friends that come with a new school year.
Matthew is in fifth grade this year. I'm not really sure how that happened, because it seems like it was just yesterday that he was four and dying to have his big birthday so he could go to school. (He turned 5 in January and was sorely disappointed that he didn't get to go to Kindergarten the next day.) But 5th grade it is. He's excited about his teacher and, overall, happy to be back. He's a great student and I'm certain it will be a super year!

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Are you sure that isn't a picture of mini-Steve? He looks great and I am sure Rachel is thrilled to be the big sibling for a few hours each day!

Kimberlee said...

Wow, 5th grade. Doesn't that put him in middle school next year? Depends on where you live I guess.

Mary, thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, they really meant a lot to me.

Amy and Micheal said...

What? When did that happen??!! Matthew looks so grown up (probably because he is). I, too, had bittersweet feelings about school starting. Glad to know we're in the same boat. Maybe that's just cause we're both crazy!