Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Summer Stuff

Wow! So I need to share something here. I hadn't posted anything for quite a while (before that last post) because summer was busy, but also because I was so frustrated with Blogger. It was so slow and I couldn't get things to post like I wanted. Thank heavens for my 12 year old. He simply pointed out that I was using the absolute dinosaur version of Blogger. Yep. I knew it had been updated, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Uh huh, it was that bad.  After tech support stepped in, I decided to try again. Nice. (Thanks, Matt)

After we got home from our Arizona trip, my sister and her family came to spend some time with us. We had lots of fun plans --which we mostly had to change due to the weather and rain. So we really just spent lots of time hanging out and playing. The kids rode bikes, watched movies, played wii, made a sweet fort out of refrigerator boxes, and had a blast. They live less than two hours away, so it's not like we never see them, but it was just so good to have time.



A few days after they headed back home, my cute niece from California came. She had come to Utah with some family and we were lucky to get her for a few days. Matt enjoyed hanging out with her and my girls ADORED her. She was a very good sport and didn't seem to mind having two adoring fans hanging on her about every waking second.
One afternoon we headed to the dam to enjoy some sunshine and feed the ducks. It ended up being pretty funny 'cause those darn ducks are so spoiled and fed waaay too much. They didn't want anything to do with the bread the kids were throwing to them. They were so disinterested, in fact, that it ended up being more like the kids throwing the bread AT them.




We couldn't have an out of town visitor without introducing her to Aggie ice cream. Sooo good. Lemon custard...Mmmm...

Another ice cream adventure was the phenomenon of the Kitchen Sink at Angies. I love the way the light from the window is shining -- looks kind of like a halo. Heavenly.


We made our best effort, but didn't quite "clean the kitchen sink." They gave us the bumper sticker anyway. :)


On our last evening, that sweet gal painted the girls' nails. We loved having her with us!


1 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for posting pictures! It is so fun seeing what she did while she was with you guys. Thanks for being so good to her. She really enjoyed her time with your kids and loves that she has little girl cousins on the Bailey side. That kitchen sink looks amazing- I want to come to Logan and try it out myself. We are hoping to come your way in June.