Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Belated Birthday

Steve's birthday was July 2nd. I did remember - and we did celebrate. I'm just very belated in posting the pictures from his big day. :)

Steve doesn't necessarily enjoy his birthdays and doesn't like being singled out, so he's generally not terribly excited when it rolls around. This year, by lovely chance, he had the day off. (He'd never ask for his b-day off.) We decided to spend the day together in the Ogden area, as we were meeting his mom for dinner that night there.

We went to lunch at a buffet which the kids loved. Something for everyone, right? Just a little sidenote: I didn't really like buffets before I met Steve - mostly because people put foods together in one meal and on one plate that should never be eaten together. You know, like mashed potatoes and lasagna on one plate. --shudder-- (Remember that I was the kid who couldn't let food touch on my plate...) Since meeting and marrying my Sweetheart, I am happy to say that I have developed a deep appreciation for the art of buffet.

So, our lunch was delightful and my children even decided to be mostly calm and civil through the meal.



After lunch we went for a drive up Ogden canyon to Huntsville. Several years ago Steve visited the monastery there and had been wanting to take us there. It was a beautiful drive -- even if certain children who were supposed to fall asleep and take a little napper, didn't.




We were a little disappointed to find that we were there during a time that we wouldn't be able to hear the monks chant. I guess it's really cool. We just walked on the grounds and enjoyed the scenery until the torrential downpour chased us back to the car and down the canyon.












Dad and his girls. (Matt took this one.)


It was a great day. We loved being together and just hanging out. We got to meet up with Steve's mom that evening and ate tacos at one of Steve's favorite places in the entire world - Del Taco. :) Yay! Happy Birthday, Steve!





1 comments:

Sonja Larsen said...

Happy late birthday Steve!! Sounds like a great day.