Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving! No, not just because we get to eat incredible food until we're sick -- although that part is definitely awesome. It's good to just slow down for a day and think about how much we have been blessed with and all that we have to be grateful for. (I know, bad prepositional use...)

The night before my wedding - when I couldn't sleep a wink, I wrote in my journal. It's kind of gaggy to read it now, but I remember writing that I must have done something amazing in the pre-existence to deserve such blessings in this life. You know, after 11 years, a ton of trials, a ton of blessings, I still adore him. I'd choose him all over again. Thank you, Honey, for the best ride of my life.

This morning as I lied in bed smashed between my two girls who somehow made it into bed with me, I was thinking about how much I love my son. (Matt added that last part.) It's true, though. As I attempted to dislodge those little limbs from my side, I couldn't help but think how grateful I am for my three miracle babies. I love them so fiercely and wouldn't trade those little stinkers for anything! They regularly push me to the very brink of sanity, but there isn't anyone else in existence who I would rather be with, laugh with, and love.

I love this crazy little family so much and I'm so grateful to know that there is a promise of forever. I love having a belief in a God who loves us as powerfully and intimately as only a parent can. I'm so thankful for the Plan of Happiness and for my Savior who gave His life for us.

I'm so grateful to live in a country where I can openly have these beliefs and worship how I choose. I'm thankful, so thankful, for the families who sacrifice so much to ensure these freedoms. Enough cannot be said to families like the Allemans who are separated by thousands of miles for such a selfless reason. Thank you!! Thank you to those men and women who desperately long for their spouses -- long to simply touch their faces and breathe the same air. Thank you to the children who miss their dads and moms so much and will only get to share their holiday greetings over the phone. I am so grateful for this country and for the pure goodness of people.

That's just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I am thankful for family and friends who make life so much better. I'm grateful for a warm home to live in and for comforts that we often take for granted. I am so thankful for this time of year... and I'm thankful for the obscene amounts of delicious food that will be on the table this afternoon. :) Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comments:

The Daybell Family said...

You have the cutest blog, I love it! I forgot to write you back on facebook, ours is http://apdaybell.blogspot.com
Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, Alison and Paul Daybell